stuff we eat

I was talking to my mom and sister earlier this week about gathering up recipes that mean something to our family. I logged on to Shutterfly to see what deals they had going (first I'll say sorry it's ending tomorrow) and it was perfect. Buy one book and get duplicates for half off. Whoah! I have 4 sisters so that's quite a few 45 page books. After Thanksgiving I got a-cracking and just finished it. It's a To: daughters From: Mom present for Christmas and I love it. Not just because it's been my last 2 solid days gathering and photoshopping, but because it's all the things we remember eating as kids. Lots of cookies. Fancy Louisiana stuff my dad's perfected from a vacation there. Things from grandmas and aunts and church ladies. Things we've started making as grown-ups that we create together. And an 8-step page of instructions for making ramen (haha).

Click here to view this photo book larger

6 comments:

  1. this is amazing. and you finished it since thanksgiving?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be a sister for this one, I want this book! How great. The recipes look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! If I had time for one more project. I think I'll have this baby in the middle of a construction site and then be over all my home projects and stuck with the mess. Can I just pretend those are my family recipes too and order a few duplicates?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing.. I meant to say in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You included ramen? Wow, that must've been for me. I feel special :) (and if it wasn't just for me, thanks anyways)

    -tay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allie you're an inspiration!!! Everything you do is simply amazing. I love your ideas, decor, style...i love it all. Now, i just need some of your time!

    ReplyDelete