how about a million pictures of a diaper cake? okay


when you are a bit of a crafty lady sometimes other ladies will get together and convince you that you should be in charge of the crafty part of a baby shower and you will want to because it's fun. you'd much rather be challenged to create a cake out of diapers than you would, for instance, do some public speaking in front of the county commissioners.
Photobucket
I chose to create mine with some straight pins (and a few safeties)

the receiving blankets all came in a pack so they matched (all from walmart too). when I opened them they were kind of folded in long strips so I left them like that. I safety-pinned them into big loops, all different sizes so they'd stack. then turned the loop inside-out to hide the pins. then started sort of spiraling diapers in real tight and stretching it out as I went to keep it firm.

this picture below is the bottom of a layer. the diapers line right up with the blanket. on the top where there was extra fabric I folded it and just stuck pins in to make that nice smooth curve.
Photobucket
the ribbon came with the packaging for the blankets. bonus. I used it to decorate some layers and make loops to attach toys and things. those spoons are stuck into a safety pin.
Photobucket
Photobucket
here's the back where the seams are. the board I put it all on (not needed but I'd bought a blanket for it anyway) is some thick cardboard. I tucked the blanket around the bottom and just taped it down.
Photobucket
little sockies just stuck on with a straight pin again. kind of hidden inside because I'm fancy like that.

this cake isn't, in fact, for the same friend from the red baby shower. something's in the water around here (not my house specifically, mind you)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wow love it, by far the best looking Diaper cake I have seen good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...we are expecting a baby again!! :) You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this diaper cake! Do you remember how many diapers you used for it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like it was just a $10 pack of newborn size.

    ReplyDelete