100th day of school



step 1. wait 99 days
step 2. buy a shirt
step 3. find a tally mark you like
step 4. cut them out
step 4a. with your silhouette if you're lucky or
step 4b. with scissors if you're crazy
step 5. iron the tallys on

lily reported that she got to stand in the front of the class and point to herself while the class counted by 5's and 10's to 100.

**edited**
been getting a ton of emails since I didn't write this as a tutorial and the instructions are a bit vague.

I used the silhouette brand heat transfer material that already comes colored.
http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/materials/heat-transfer/item-group/flocked-heat-transfer
http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/materials/heat-transfer/item-group/smooth-heat-transfer

I used a mix of fuzzy and smooth since that was just what I already had. They may sell it in stores somewhere but I don't really know.

You'll have to use the silhouette software to trace around the image as well. I would just google how to do that since I'm sure there are already numerous tutorials.

If you didn't want to use the iron on transfer it seems like you could also use the machine to just cut out a stencil for you, and then use fabric paint. Even easier: find something you can use to stamp a line and then use paint to stamp our your own tally marks. Good luck!!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/23/2012

    That's adorable Allie!!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are such a cute mom. I hate myself when I look at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lilys expression cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You cut all of those tally marks with scissors?! Holy moly. That's impressive. My kid would have ended up with 25 tally marks, tops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nope, not a bit! used a silhouette cutting machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I've never ironed on anything to clothing....these tally marks are from a "iron on" piece of material, correct?? I have a cricut cutting machine, but just wasn't sure what to use as the tally marks that would adhere to the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the silhouette's colored heat transfer material. Cricut may have their own or you might be able to use this kind, or another brand.

      http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/materials/heat-transfer/item-group/flocked-heat-transfer
      http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/materials/heat-transfer/item-group/smooth-heat-transfer

      Delete
  8. Love this idea. Not to be completely daft, but I don't understand how you got the tally marks to be such bright colors?!?! I would make this, and 100th day is coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) I actually used the silhouette brand heat transfer material that is already colored. Good luck!

      http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/materials/heat-transfer/item-group/flocked-heat-transfer
      http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/shop/materials/heat-transfer/item-group/smooth-heat-transfer

      Delete